Annual Easter Eggstravaganza
Sat, Mar. 31st, 2pm-5pm
151 East County Rd. 42 in Burnsville
FREE Community Egg Hunt in Burnsville. All are invited!
This “Eggs-citing” event is open to all area families and features free activities geared for children who are age 10 and younger.
Families attend together to enjoy the events.
Egg Hunts will be conducted outside (rain, snow or shine). When you register at the door, each child will receive a hunt ticket (for their age group at a specific hunt time). There are hunts each hour for age groups of 0-3, 4-6 and 7-10 (ticket required). Children are welcome to bring Easter baskets to collect their eggs, or they may use one of the plastic bags that is provided.
Continuous activities include a hands-on story center which tells the Easter Story, tattoo face art, crafts, coloring Thank You Cards for Military Service personnel, a selfie station and opportunities to listen and dance to live praise music … all at no charge! Treats and beverages will be available. The event is in an “open house” format, so guests can arrive and leave at any time throughout the event. The typical guest spends about 2 hours at this event.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and School is dedicated to serving Jesus Christ through serving the people of our community. Good Shepherd Lutheran School offers a well-rounded elementary education taught in the light of God’s Word. It is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and is a member of St. Croix Lutheran Schools which offers faith-based education for Pre-K through grade 12 throughout the metro area. The Good Shepherd campus is located at 151 East County Rd. 42, Burnsville, Minn. For more information, please phone (952) 432-5527.
Easter Egg Hunts: will be broken down into age groups (times are still being finalized)
What’s happening at Eggstravaganza?
When you register, you will be given an event map.
Fun Activities (everything is FREE.)
- Hands-on Story Center: in the Worship Center, families are able to walk through a hands-on story center. Each station has an activity. As you progress through the interactive story, children put together their own take-home story book. The last station in this exhibit gives away a latex balloon.
- Games: located in the Gym
- Treats: Popcorn, sweet treats, and beverages available in the gym
- Crafts and coloring: in the Fireside Room, make your own craft and color a card for military personnel!
- Fun Activities: in the Activity Center, play with play-dough, and get a temporary tattoo!
- Selfie Stations: Use the fun Easter props provided! Great opportunity for a family photo! Be sure to #GSLeggs
- Egg Hunt: held outside, rain, snow or shine! Guests must have a ticket for their hunt time. Younger kids can get a ticket for an older hunt if they want to hunt with an older sibling. Groups are bundles in ages from 0-3, 4-6, 7-10. Hunts for each age group are on the ticket; Hunt times are still being finalized.
Volunteer EVENT STAFF have on GREEN t-shirts if you need assistance.
Thank you for joining us! We are excited to share Easter fun with you!