School families have an opportunity to use our Scrip program. An explanation of that program is listed below. A certain percentage of funds that are made while using that program will be accumulated for that family, and those funds can then be used to help pay for the next year’s tuition. It’s a great way to earn funds from items that each family buys on a regular basis.
What is scrip? Scrip is simply gift cards. Hundreds of restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and retailers participate. Merchants donate a percentage of the gift card’s value to Good Shepherd. Why should I use scrip? It’s an easy way to reduce your child’s tuition and support the Tuition Assistance Program.
Click here to download an order form:
● Scrip orders are placed weekly and are due by 12:00pm Sundays.
● Immediate payment required. Cash or check only. No credit or debit cards accepted.
● Order forms are available in the school office and on the school website.
● Orders may be placed online at www.shopwithscrip.com. You must create a user account and contact Bobbi Retzlaff for the enrollment code. Payment may still be made by cash or check.
● Automatic payments may be set-up with checking accounts. Automatic payments also allow you to reload your gift cards (varies by merchant) and purchase and use scrip immediately (varies by merchant). Go to www.shopwithscrip.com to register. What else do I need to know?
● Allows families to set aside 60% of scrip proceeds as a credit toward tuition. The child designated must be a current/future student at GSLS. The student must be either a son/daughter, grandchild, niece/nephew, cousin or godchild.
● Remaining 40% of scrip proceeds go to the Tuition Assistance Program and cover shipping and other costs.
● If a family does not have a qualifying child at GS or does not designate a child, all proceeds will go to the Tuition Assistance Program.
● Families may use any scrip credit toward K-8 tuition only. It cannot be applied to registration fees, book fees, technology fees, milk program fees, hot lunch fees, field trip fees, athletic fees, after school care costs, etc.
● Families with younger children may have their credits applied toward future tuition costs once their oldest child enrolls in Kindergarten.
● Credits cannot be used for preschool.
● If a family leaves GSLS and/or GSLC, any scrip credits will be transferred to the Tuition Assistance Program. Families will not be refunded any unused credit.
● Program will run from July 1 – June 30. Credits will be applied toward the upcoming school year. For example, if program runs from July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017, any credits will be applied to the 2017-2018 school year.
● Tuition credits will not earn interest. If a family has a check returned more than once due to non-sufficient funds, a $30 fee payable to Good Shepherd Lutheran School will be charged. The Board of Child Discipleship may limit a family’s scrip ordering privileges to “cash only” after two NSF checks are tendered.
● Program oversight will be the responsibility of the Board of Child Discipleship.