At Good Shepherd we always have needs that go beyond our normal budget, but we also don’t believe in endless amounts of fundraisers that wear out our students and parents. Because of that, we have one main fundraiser in September of each year. We call this our Race for Education. The students get pledges from friends and relatives, and we have a fun event held at Lac Lavon Park in Burnsville. We have running events, games for children, door prizes, a silent auction, and good fellowship. Money raised from pledges, individual donations, and auction items is then used to purchase needed items for the school. Such items usually include things like classroom furniture, technology updates, science equipment, and playground material. Our Parent-Teacher Organization helps decide the goals which are set for each year’s event.
We also carry out “passive fundraisers” through the programs listed below. These are great ways to raise funds through the use of items which families often purchase on a regular basis.
Whether you have a child attending Good Shepherd, are an alumni, member at Good Shepherd church or just in the community, here are some great ways to support the school program.
COLLECT – clip and save… bring in to the collection bins in the office:
- General Mills Box Tops
- Coke Caps – we saved enough points last year to get a school video camera!
- Tyson Proofs of Purchase
- Used Cell Phones and Ink Jet Cartridges
- Kwik Trip Donut Ovals – Save the oval price stickers from Glazer Donut boxes. They are worth 10 cents each! A great reason to eat donuts.
- Kwik Trip Milk Caps & Bag Tops – Got Milk? Save the caps!!! We collect caps and bag tops from Kwik Trip milk. Each is worth 5 cents!!! (Remember to leave the sticker attached to the cap … we cannot redeem the stickers if it is removed from the cap.)
- The church also collects Aluminum Cans to support various ministries as needed.
Thanks! Every little bit makes a difference!