Good Shepherd Lutheran School offers a high-quality, Christian education for children in preschool through eighth grade. Good Shepherd Lutheran School incorporates high standards and achievement, fostered in a caring environment. Our standardized test scores, as shown at the bottom of this page, are consistently above the national average. Although academic achievement is valued, our ultimate goal is to teach each child to develop his/her God-given abilities to the fullest potential. We also strive to teach and reinforce Christian values through our Bible-based curriculum and Christ-centered atmosphere.
Professional, experienced teachers who are life-long learners work closely with students and regularly assess and communicate progress with parents.
Please give us a call at (952) 432-5527. We’d be happy to answer your questions and give you a tour of our facility.
Our Mission and Philosophy
Congregation Mission Statement
Grow with Purpose and Go with Passion!
Philosophy of the Congregation
Equip and empower the saints of God to influence their world for Christ!
School Mission Statement
Good Shepherd Lutheran School, in partnership with parents of Good Shepherd, area WELS/ELS congregations and the community, teaches and prepares young hearts and minds to grow in Christian faith and academic excellence for Christian service and leadership in their homes, congregations and communities.
Philosophy of the School
Good Shepherd Lutheran School (GSLS) is a ministry of Good Shepherd Evangelical Lutheran Church. Its purpose is to assist parents within the congregation and within the community in the training and equipping of their children to demonstrate future Christian service and leadership in their homes, congregations and communities. We carry out this purpose by keeping the Bible and a biblical perspective at the center of all of our curriculum, teaching, and activities. To do this our faculty, staff and governance are grounded in Biblical truth and seek to teach and model Christian love and life to all our students.
To help carry out this purpose, we faithfully strive to:
- Assist parents in nurturing the faith of their children by educating their children through a curriculum that teaches all subjects from a Biblical worldview and fosters a faith life of prayer, personal Bible-study and worship;
- Help each student to grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior;
- Teach God’s Word diligently and systematically, incorporating its truth in all subjects;
- Share the Gospel with families within Good Shepherd’s congregation, within other WELS/ELS congregations, and within the community by providing an excellent academic experience within a Christian, caring, and safe environment;
- Develop the minds of the students through a challenging, developmental curriculum which encourages students to faithfully use the gifts God has given to them to the best of their ability;
- Connect the curriculum to the students’ lives by encouraging them and teaching them how to live Gospel-motivated lives of service in all aspects
We pray that the parents and children will experience true growth, not just in the ways of the world, but most importantly in the Word of the Lord. “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18).