Please label all items below!
- Sturdy Pocket Folder
- 4″x 6″ Family Photo – For display at School
- Spiral Notebook – Mrs. Streckert’s Class Only
- Small/Medium sized easy-to-use water bottle – bring daily
- Tennis shoes – NO open-toed sandals or slippery “dress” shoes. Velcro-closure works great for preschoolers!
- Winter Clothing: snow pants, boots, mittens, hat
- Change of Clothing in plastic ziplock bag to be kept in backpack for accidents (include underwear, pants, shirt and socks)
These Items do NOT need to be labeled – they will be shared!
- Box of 24 crayola crayons
- Box of Dixie Cups (5 oz. only please)
- 4 oz. bottle of Elmer’s Washable School Glue
- Large box if kleenex tissues
- 1/2″ 3 ring binder for storing Jesus Story Sheets in at home (and page protectors?)
The teachers would welcome the opportunity to make a home visit before school starts. We’ve found that it really helps us get to know the children and it helps them become comfortable with us on their “home turf” and helps make the transition from home to school a successful one! It’s very informal and we typically stay for about 45 minutes and might read a story, or have your child show us his/her favorite toy. Plus we’d like to take a photo of them for classroom use!
There will be an evening in August where you are encouraged to drop off all the emergency forms at school, etc. and set up your payment options with our financial representative.
We also have a “visit day” for the preschoolers the week before preschool begins! (This date is usually the first day of elementary school) It’s kind of like a practice time to help the children feel comfortable while parents stay with them for a short time in the classroom. Registered families will receive some time options to come. When you come you can bring your child’s supplies so they already start to feel at home! We will locate their cubbie and coat hook and let them play for a while. Adults can get to know each other a bit and everyone can get excited for our first real school day!