Good Shepherd utilizes two different apps.
#1) Our mobile app, intended for the church members and the public, is called CHURCH LINK. This gives you quick access to sermons, blog posts, events, and much more. There is a feed on the home page of the app that syncs the twitter, facebook and event posts, even if you are not subscribed to any of those social media sites. All you need is a smart phone. We recommend all friends of Good Shepherd have this app on their smart phones to keep up to date with the latest. To upload:
- Go to your app store
- Search for Church Link
- Enter the church zip code: 55306 (or you can search for Good Shepherd or under your zip code)
- Select Good Shepherd Lutheran and SAVE as your home church
#2) Good Shepherd’s other mobile app is a quick link to CCB. It’s intended for members of the school and church, is a private, secure app, and requires a user name and password. It can be saved on your smart phone to give you quick access to the member directory – phone numbers, addresses, etc. To upload:
- Using the internet on your smart phone, go to www.goodshep.com
- Once on the site, select HUB on the top navigation bar and you will be taken to the HUB login page
- Select MOBILE LOG IN (under the username and password box) for quick access to our member directory. (Also on this page, you are able to access the full HUB website from your smart phone by clicking on FULL SITE.)
- Log in (if you’ve forgotten your username or password, please use the prompts to receive a reset) and you will be taken to the search page.
- Looking at the bottom of your device, you should see a box with arrow to share page. Select the option to add to your home screen. This will make a CCB icon on your smart phone’s home page. Use this to quickly search for a school or church member’s profile and contact information, including name, address, phone, map, etc.
* Note: the CCB quick link app is intended to act as a “directory” only. If you want to navigate groups, forms, messages and other features of the HUB, be sure to click on FULL SITE on the log in page. The non-mobile site is not responsive, so most feel it is easier to navigate these features from a desktop.