Christian Resources & Organizations for Support
The following are resources that you may find helpful in your search for answers to life’s questions and other topics relevant to Christian living.
- The Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) is a conservative Christian church body of which Good Shepherd Lutheran Church is a member.
- WELS Church locator
- Together is the official bi-weekly WELS e-newsletter. It also contains handy links to the pastor / teacher call reports.
- Forward in Christ (FIC) is the official magazine of the WELS. Published monthly, in both print and digital formats, FIC brings Lutherans together through shared stories of faith and articles that address important issues facing Christians today.
- Time of Grace connects people to God’s grace – his love, glory, and power – so they realize the temporary things of life don’t satisfy. However, through Jesus, we have access to the eternal God – right now and forever.
- WELS Kingdom Workers exists for the purpose of assisting the WELS mission divisions in their task of making disciples according to the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Bible Gateway (a bible online)
- Luther’s Small Catechism (The Book of Concord)
- WELS Daily Devotions
- Northwestern Publishing House, located in Milwaukee, WI, is the official publisher of the WELS. NPH produces various materials for the church’s ministry, including devotion books and periodicals, professional books and helps for pastors, religion curriculum materials for children, and various worship resources. In addition to a large retail store in Milwaukee, they also have an extensive online catalog service.
- Martin Luther College, located in New Ulm, MN, exists to serve the ministerial needs of the WELS by preparing men for pastoral training at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary and by preparing men and women for service as teachers and staff ministers in the Synod’s churches and schools so that the WELS may be served by candidates both qualified and competent to proclaim the Word of God faithfully and in accord with the Lutheran Confessions in the Book of Concord.
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, located in Mequon, WI, offers theological training for men who desire to enter the pastoral ministry of the WELS and churches within its confessional fellowship. The seminary also endeavors in various ways to offer opportunity for theological and professional growth to men who already are active in the pastoral ministry of its confessional fellowship.
- Christian Family Solutions was founded in 1965 to reflect the healing and helping ministry of Jesus Christ. As an outreach arm of WELS members, this charitable agency now serves thousands of God’s people in their special needs. Through a staff of trained professionals, CFS offers spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical support to those who look to this organization for help.
- Lutheran Singles Online is a Christian dating site created and maintained by an ELS member.
- The WELS/ELS Lutheran Singles facebook page is for singles (divorced, widowed, or never married) looking to socialize, make friends, or enjoy fellowship with other singles who share our faith. Group member ages range from 18-65+. Expect Biblical encouragement, prayers, lutheran memes, personal victories, and tacos (and other food). The page is full of discussion posts, as well as regular video hangouts and scheduled in-person events.