Easter Eggstravaganza will NOT be held in 2021. Please check back for 2022 updates.
FREE Community Egg Hunt in Burnsville. All are invited!
This “Eggs-citing” event is open to all area families and features free activities geared for children who are age 10 and younger.
Families attend together to enjoy the events.
Egg Hunts are conducted outside (rain, snow or shine). When you register at the door, each child receives a hunt ticket (for their age group at a specific hunt time). There are hunts each hour for age groups of 0-3, 4-6 and 7-10 (ticket required). Children are welcome to bring Easter baskets to collect their eggs, or they may use one of the plastic bags that is provided.
Continuous activities include a hands-on story center which tells the Easter Story, tattoo face art, crafts, coloring Thank You Cards for Military Service personnel, and a selfie station … all at no charge! Treats and beverages are available. The event is in an “open house” format, so guests can arrive and leave at any time throughout the event. The typical guest spends about 2 hours at this event.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and School is dedicated to serving Jesus Christ through serving the people of our community. Good Shepherd Lutheran School offers a well-rounded elementary education taught in the light of God’s Word. It is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and is a member of St. Croix Lutheran Schools which offers faith-based education for Pre-K through grade 12 throughout the metro area. The Good Shepherd campus is located at 151 East County Rd. 42, Burnsville, MN. For more information, please phone (952) 432-5527.
Easter Egg Hunts: held between 2:20pm – 4:30pm (Three hunt times for each age group*)
• Children ages 0-3 hunt at 3:00, 4:00 & 4:45
• Children ages 4-6 hunt at 2:20, 3:20 and 4:15
• Children ages 7-10 hunt at 2:40, 3:40 and 4:30
*When you register at the door, you get a ticket for one hunt time. A set number of tickets are given for each hunt to help manage the crowd of children hunting at one time. When a hunt is “full” tickets for the next hunt are given. There over 10K (yes! ten-thousand!) eggs that will be put out, so no worries, there are plenty for everyone! Children are welcome to bring an Easter Basket for the hunt, or they may use one of the plastic bags that is provided. Younger children CAN hunt at the same times as an older sibling, but it is important to request that ticket when you register (i.e you have a 3-year-old and 6-year-old: if you do not want to wait in line for two hunts, you can get a hunt ticket for your 3-year-old in the same hunt with your 6-year-old. Please note they will be hunting with other older kids.) It is important each child participates in the hunt they have a ticket for, as we put out eggs for a certain number of children to help allow each hunter to find 10 eggs. Each child may participate in one hunt only. Thank you!
What’s happening at Eggstravaganza?
When you register, you will be given an event map.
Fun Activities (everything is FREE.)
- Hands-on Story Center: in the Worship Center, families are able to walk through a hands-on story center. The last station in this exhibit gives away a latex balloon and a small story book!
- Treats: Sweet treats, and beverages available in the gym
- Crafts and coloring: in the Fireside Room, make your own craft and color a card for military personnel, and play with playdough!
- Selfie Stations: Use the fun Easter props provided! Great opportunity for a family photo! Be sure to #GSLEggs
- Egg Hunt: held outside, rain, snow or shine! Guests must have a ticket for their hunt time. Younger kids can get a ticket for an older hunt if they want to hunt with an older sibling. Groups are bundles in ages from 0-3, 4-6, 7-10. Hunts for each age group are on the ticket; Hunt times are still being finalized.
Volunteer EVENT STAFF will be wearing YELLOW t-shirts if you need assistance.
Thank you for joining us! We are excited to share Easter fun with you!